Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things...


Well, I have been back from the Justice Journey for over a week and as I am processing that experience, all I can think of is where will I commit my spare time and energy in the area of reconciliation. It should be a place close to home and I don't just mean in the neighborhood or village, that is. It should also be cross generational, cross cultural and spiritually focused. We'll have to see what becomes of that. I have also been intentional about spending time with my family, especially my daughter. She is eagerly awaiting the changes that will affect her as she begins life as a student in Kindergarten this fall, but also what awaits her as a big sister this November. No word on the gender yet, but, Joy thinks it's going to be a boy! Things at work are in a period of transition, we are waiting to see how those changes will impact our mission and vision as well as our relationships and ministry efforts toward compassion and justice. "Pops" has been gone for a month now and mom is doing fine, but let's me know about the loneliness when she is feeling it. She falls back on the sustenance she recieves from the Lord and through her church family as well. That's it for now. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger waiting for a name said...

i just found your blog & hope to be able to learn from your journey. :) happy to hear about your mami... i can't imagine it, but she seems strong.

July 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Ramiro said...

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Peace & blessings to you and the familia!

July 3, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Jim S said...

Glad you got to go on the Justice Journey. My wife Ellen went two years ago, and it was a highlight of her life.

January 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home