Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's a boy, Mrs. Walker, it's a boy! A son, a son!

Quoting a song from the Tommy rock opera by The Who. We had an appointment for an ultrasound earlier today and we are happy to announce that we are having a healthy son! As I pondered this new information, my wife reminded me that when we were expecting our first we lost a female in our family - her mom, God graciously gave us a daughter; now we are expecting our second and have experienced a similar loss in my family, we are being blessed with a son. This is not to say that God is replacing our losses, but, he has provided us with new lives to love and care for. So, I am at a crossroads again with emotions - sorrow, happiness, excitement, fear, etc. But, I would say that I am looking forward to being a dad to the son growing in my wife's womb, all the while, attempting to console my daughter and insure that she knows she will always be "daddy's little girl!" Yet, Even though I will love them both equally and she will always be our first born. I will do my best not to show favoritism to either and love them both like Jesus would! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home